Verizon Embraces the Nimble Mission
In 2018, Nimble was founded on the bold idea that personal tech could be made better for the planet.
We challenged our industry to use more sustainable materials and 100% plastic-free packaging, while advocating for action around electronic waste recycling. Since then, a notable shift occurred.
For the first time, big name consumer tech brands are waking up.
Yet, true progress requires the will of our nation’s biggest electronics retailers.
Which retailer would step up and embrace better product design? Champion plastic-free packaging? Help close the loop on e-waste?
Over the years, the #1 wireless carrier in the United States mobilized its business and resources to further build a more sustainable ecosystem.
Our decision to team up with Verizon and spearhead its new initiative to offer low-impact alternatives to everyday personal tech comes on the heels of their ongoing efforts.
- The first U.S. telecom to issue a green bond, raising $1B for sustainability initiatives
- Created a green energy initiative which has offset 20,000 metric tons of CO2
- Created solutions to enable the avoidance of 8.2 million metric tons of CO2 emissions
- Committed to saving 2x the amount of global emissions than their operations create by 2022
- Committed to using 50% renewable energy for total electricity usage by 2025
- Committed to carbon neutrality by 2035
- Committed to planting 2 million trees by 2030 with more than 700k planted already
- Manages 278 ENERGY STAR-certified buildings and 22 onsite renewable energy installations
- Employs 28,000 Green Team members in 44 countries
Nimble products are available now at verizonwireless.com and over 1,600 store locations nationwide. To find a store near you that’s currently open for in-store pickup, visit verizonwireless.com/stores.