Target Embraces the Nimble Mission
Our mission to change consumer tech for good continues! We’re proud to announce Nimble is now available at target.com and store locations nationwide!
Target is committed to co-creating an equitable and regenerative future together with its guests, partners and communities. By taking a holistic view of sustainability, its “Target Forward” strategy is focused on driving positive impact for both people and our planet. This means elevating more sustainable brands, innovating to eliminate waste, and accelerating opportunity and equity.
Just a few of Target’s many goals include:
- By 2025, 100% of owned and partner brands will adhere to its established sustainability standards.
- By 2030, 90% of waste will be diverted from landfill through reuse, recycling, donation and reduction strategies.
- By 2025, 100% of owned-brand packaging will be recyclable, compostable or reusable.
- By 2030, 50% reduction in operations emissions (Scope 1 and 2).
- By 2030, 30% reduction in supply chain emissions (Scope 3).
- By 2025, 100% of suppliers will have policies and programs to advance gender equality.
- By 2023, 20% increase in Black team member representation across the company.
- By 2025, more than $2 Billion committed to support Black-owned businesses.
“We know sustainability is tied to business resiliency and growth, and that our size and scale can drive change that is good for all. Target Forward influences every corner of our business, deepens our collaboration with our partners and builds on our past efforts to ensure a better future for generations to come.” - Brian Cornell, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Target.